Sometimes you have to take a step back and notice and be proud of small things.
What do I mean?
- I went to class 4 times last week. That was my goal and I met it. What’s more, I did nearly all the postures in all the classes.
- While I still struggle with countless postures, I have noticed a TINY gain in flexibility overall and I’ll take it.
- I am learning even if you have a “bad” class, you’re still gaining strength and building on your practice.
- I am slowly and casually talking to more people in my yoga classes, small talk, but nice given how much time I spend in a studio.
- I may have to give up sleep to get to morning classes. So far I’ve been going to bed early, although I have become a total bore.
- I am doing something good for myself by going to yoga so I need to be good to myself outside of yoga and not beat myself up
- I am learning what many others have already said: If you can, go to class.
- Let it go. Once class is over, however you did, move on. Try your best as often as you can, and once it’s done, it’s done.